Last Wednesday, MePlease performed our much anticipated pitch in front of the “Dragons” of Vodafone Mobile Clicks 2011 competition.
Five rockstar UK start-ups were present; each gave a short presentation and answered questions to the judges. We are really pleased to have been placed in the Top 3 in UK.
It was an amazing and invaluable experience and MePlease received great feedback at the end of the judging round.
We wish Parcel Genie the best of luck in representing UK in this highly international competition. The next round of judging will be in Holland where 7 winners, one from each participating country, will compete for the grand spot. Starting 31 August, there will be a public voting period where you can vote for your favourite finalist – which will count as an extra vote of a jury member.
Thank you to Vodafone for the opportunity to showcase MePlease. It was a tough competition and everyone did very well.
In the spirit of recognising and supporting start-ups, here is our list for Top 5 UK start-ups to watch out for:
1. Spotify – a digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs, changing the music listening industry. Recently launched into the US. www.spotify.com
2. Huddle – leading file storage, project management & collaboration software. Manage people, projects and information inside and outside of your business. www.huddle.com
3. iPostcode – where estate agents bid against each other for the opportunity to sell or rent out your property in a live online auction http://www.ipostcode.com/
4. Bubble&Balm – Luxury Fairtrade Bodycare products. First start-up to raise investment through Crowdcube http://www.bubbleandbalm.co.uk/
5. Nutshell – Web-based Customer Relationship Management http://www.nutshell.com/
Do you know of any other up and coming exciting start-ups on the horizon that you think should be mentioned? We’d love to hear from you!
Thinking of doing your own startup? Here’s a great site to check out for tips such as writing a business plan: http://www.startupbritain.org/